In the past year, the Mental Health Initiative’s outreach activities and service efforts have accumulated approximately 600 hours of community service and involved over 1,200 consumers from the Middle TN area including:
- Community-wide activities, workshops, panel discussions, presentations, professional networking events, trainings, consumer advocacy projects, social justice campaigns, voter registration drives, town hall meetings
- Social and mental health treatment assistance such as providing psychosocial assessments, case management, consultation, and counseling
- Promoting holistic health in order to alleviate stigmas and stereotypes regarding disparaging social and public health disparities
- Engaging in community service and outreach to bring awareness to social and public health disparities
The purpose of these activities was to promote social well-being through useful resources and beneficial research regarding disparaging social and mental adversities, to advocate for more legislative changes and policy issues that may have a deleterious impact on the social well-being of communities, to establish a definitive network of collaborative efforts among other local organizations, to bring awareness to social and mental health disparities, to reduce stereotypes and stigmas, and encourage treatment acceptance among consumers in the Middle TN area.
long live life
Long Live Life Youth Initiative is a city-wide initiative integrated with a youth program focused on averting violent behaviors, reducing victimization , and preventing violent acts from reoccurring .
The Mental Health Initiative, Inc. conducts and develops research projects, initiatives, presentations, and studies pertaining to social and mental health disparities to contribute to the overall social well-being of others.
The Mental Health Initiative’s present activities remain the same as the past activities and have expanded to include:
- Providing consistent quality social and public health services as well as assistance
- Conducting research, studies, and collecting data that contribute to the overall social well-being of others
- Producing updated publications, resources, and information pertaining to social and public health and stigma reduction
- Assistance and services such as psychosocial assessments, case management, consultation, and therapeutic counseling
- Public speaking services and trainings to organizations, community leaders, and consumers
- Intentional advocacy of legislative changes and policy issues that have deleterious impacts on the social well-being of communities
The purpose of the present activities is to effectively and efficiently promote social welfare and holistic health awareness to a larger number of individuals in the Middle TN community, and to grow our network of partnerships with other local organizations, and reduce treatment resistance among consumers, to encourage the growth of consumer advocacy, treatment involvement, and the development of quality community health programs, and to become a consistent and primary resource for social and public health information, education, and assistance.
mission & vision
The Mental Health Initiative, Inc. was organized to promote holistic health awareness and alleviate stigmas that are associated with disparaging social and mental adversities through education, outreach, advocacy, and research.
The Mental Health Initiative’s planned activities will remain the same as past and present activities and include the organization’s objectives which include:
- Garner ongoing community support through useful resources and beneficial research regarding social and public health disparities
- Continue to facilitate and organizing community-wide activities
- Provide more presentations, workshops, panel discussions, professional networking events, trainings, consumer advocacy projects, and social justice campaigns
- Develop community health programs that can be a safe haven to encourage treatment acceptance and reduce treatment resistance
- Continue to provide social and public health assistance and services
- Continue to engage in community service and outreach to bring awareness to social and public health disparities
- Advocate for more legislative changes and policy issues that may have a deleterious impact on the social welfare of communities
- Further growth of a definitive network of partners and collaborative efforts among other local organizations to increase initiatives and social and public health activities within the Middle TN community
- Solicit ongoing financial support from the public, foundations, government agencies, and private organizations in the form of contributions, donations, or grants